Northwind Free Company

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft RP Guild based on the Steamwheedle Cartel Realm.

A Guild - A joint effort (Just a rant)

Ceadric
    Ceadric
    Admin

Character sheet
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior
    Level:
    A Guild - A joint effort (Just a rant) Left_bar_bleue80/80A Guild - A joint effort (Just a rant) Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

A Guild - A joint effort (Just a rant) Empty A Guild - A joint effort (Just a rant)

Post  Ceadric 9th June 2011, 11:12 am

For the past two months, I’ve spent basically all my time while awake on WoW, working hard to keep RP running for my members. We’ve had events running, more or less nonstop, every day for these past months. I started getting a bit tired and unsure how to proceed so I decided for a two-three day pause in the roleplaying once we’ve returned to the manor, and I figured, “Hey! I’m sure a few days without relentlessly planned events will be welcomed!”. I was sad to be greeted back with comments such as “I’m boooooooored!” or “Why’s nothing happening?”.

Leading a guild, as many of you know, is hard work. I try to keep all the members entertained, but one person can't supply 45 (active players, not counting alts) with constant action. This is a game, and with people relying only on the guild leader for RP, it ends up feeling like a job.

I’m begging you. Stir up something yourselves when there’s nothing going on, because behind the scenes I'm planning, negotiating with the Circle, having six whispers at any given moment, running interviews and trying to react to RP taking place at that moment. I wish I could entertain you all, all the time, but I'm just one person. I only hope you can understand that, forgive me and initiates some RP plots yourselves as well.

I know the Circle RP isn't everyone's cup of tea, but many people enjoy it too. I'm asking those who don't like it to allow the others to enjoy it while it lasts, and again, if people run their own little events, everyone is sure to find something to their liking.

Don’t get me wrong. Criticism is very good. But then there’s constructive and destructive criticism. And starting up a discussion about it in the midst of a running even with passive aggressive comments in /g, is hardly going to improve things. It only makes me, and other people, feel bad. Maybe a personal forum message will be better to convey such things.

I know you guys! You're all good roleplayers with a lot of skill, kindness and drive! I've seen events ran by many of you, and you do a good job. Those whom I've not seen run any events, I can only honestly say, that I'd love to see your creativity, and your take on how to run things. It's also a very good way to learn from each other, show each other how you would do things when you run an event, and so on.

If we look past this, we have amazing atmosphere within Northwind. It's filled with helpful people, offering each other support, help and input. With that kind of personnel, I really don't see what more one can hope for.

Current date/time is 17th May 2024, 3:02 am